Linking community and technology to enable FAIR data
You can write your own Data Management Plan, or you can use our web-based tool DMPMaastricht. Some funders mandate the use of DMPMaastricht, while others point to it as a useful option. DMPMaastricht also offers a DMP template for Maastricht UMC+. The use of this template is not mandatory, yet.
With DMPMaastricht you can:
- write your plan and easily update it throughout the lifecycle of your project;
- share your plan with internal and external collaborators;
- download your plan in a variety of formats.
A Data Management Plan (DMP) is a formal document you develop at the start of your research project. A Data Management Plan helps you to manage data, meet funder requirements and help others use your research data if shared. Thinking about data management at the start of your project will ensure that you are well prepared. To support researchers to produce an effective Data Management Plan, we provide the web-based tool DMPMaastricht, based on the international DMPonline tool. You can create plans with DMPMaastricht to meet funder requirements at the grant application stage, or to support data management throughout your research project. DMPMaastricht provides tailored guidance and example answers from funders and Maastricht UMC+.
Writing a Data Management Plan with the DMPMaastricht tool
You can create a Data Management Plan using our DMP tool by taking the following steps:
- Open the DMP tool: DMPMaastricht
- Select the funder or institutional template. We have several templates with example answers for various funders in the tool available for you.
- In the template you can activate the guidance on the right.
- Fill in the necessary fields.
- Download or share your Data Management Plan.
Your Data Management Plan will be stored for future reference and to share with your funder or other stakeholders.
If you don't need a complete plan but only a section (for example as part of your grants proposal), visit this how to:
If you need more info you can open the complete user manual for the DMPMaastricht tool or contact us for help.