Linking community and technology to enable FAIR data
- are temporary network folders that have a maximum life span of 3 months;
- allow you to upload data to the DataHub data management system for persistent storage;
- can be generated by you as a user by clicking the New drop zone button in the web portal;
- allow a drag-and-drop experience to copy data from your workstation to the DataHub system;
- are deleted (including all data in them) after a succesful ingest operation
To create a new drop zone, some requirements and general conditions apply.
A drop zone is conceptually linked to an Investigation. Please refer to What are investigations? to learn what an Investigation is.