Linking community and technology to enable FAIR data
Uploading project data to DataHub starts by creating a Drop zone. This is a special network directory where you can place data from a specific investigation together. After finishing, the data is ingested into DataHub.
What are Drop zones?
- are temporary network folders that have a maximum life span of 3 months;
- allow you to upload data to the DataHub data management system for persistent storage;
- can be generated by you as a user by clicking the New Drop zone button in the web portal;
- allow a drag-and-drop experience to copy data from your workstation to the DataHub system;
- are deleted (including all data in them) after a successful ingest operation.
Creating a new Drop zone
You can create a new Drop zone by taking the following steps:
- Check your account and projects.
Your UM- or MUMC-account has been activated for usage of the DataHub services by one of our data stewards. You may already have been added to your relevant project. The first step is to check this.
Point your browser to https://mdr.datahubmaastricht.nl (you need to be logged in).
- Create a new Drop zone by clicking the button "Create a new Drop zone".
- A menu will pop-up requiring you to choose the project you want to create the Drop zone for. After that you need to pick a metadata schema from a list of available schemas set by the project manager.
- If your project is listed, you're ready to upload your data and you can follow the instructions in the user manual
Go to user manual
- If your project isn't listed in the first dropdown, visit this how to:
How to start a new project
If there is no metadata schema available that suits your needs, visit this how to:
How to add a custom metadata schemaIt is possible to change the metadata schema and update your metadata after ingesting your Drop zone. It is not necessary to wait with adding your data to Maastricht Data Repository until your preferred metadata schema is available.
If something is unclear, doesn't work or you just need help: don't hesitate to contact us for help.
Gerelateerde artikelen worden hier getoond op basis van de labels die je selecteerd. Klik om de macro veranderen of om labels toe te voegen of te wijzigen.