Linking community and technology to enable FAIR data
More and more funders and publishers foster Open Science and the creation of FAIR research data. As a result of a joined effort by DataHub and Maastricht University Library researchers using the DataHub storage services have the opportunity to make their data collection openly available via DataverseNL. With a push of a button you can copy a data collection or parts of a data collection from DataHub to DataverseNL, including the descriptive metadata of the data collection. The data than can be published as open access or with restrictions (i.e. access upon request). The process is arranged in a way that every data collection will be curated by a data steward before the data collection is published. This minimises the risk of publishing sensitive data and increases the quality of the descriptive metadata of the data collection. With this service, researchers from both Maastricht University and Maastricht UMC+ are able to meet the demands of funders and publishers to make data publically available.
Step 1 - Enable feature on the parent project
Before you start!
In order to use the self-service "Copy to external repository" feature, you need to make sure that the feature is enabled on the parent project.
- Go to your collection details page (e.g https://rdm.datahubmaastricht.nl/pacman/collectiondetails/P000000001/C000000001).
- Look for the "Data migrations" section and check if the button "Start copy" is available on the page.
If it doesn't appear, it means that the feature is not enabled for your project.
Then send us an email at email@example.com with the approval of your project manager or principal investigator.
- Data collection is findable in an Open Access repository.
- Your (meta)data are copied in the new data collection created in DataverseNL.
- A confirmation email is sent to the depositor when the process is successful.
- A request for review is sent to the UM Library Data Curators: to curate your data collection and then publish it.
If you want to look at the complete user manual for copying a data collection to DataverseNL, you can find it here:
If you need more info you can contact us for help.